Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If Kwanchai has his way, Thaksin will 'sneak' back home over Songkran


Kwanchai Praipana, a red-shirt leader in the Northeast, says he will help former premier Thaksin Shinawatra return to Thailand from Laos during the upcoming Songkran festival in April.

His proposed method is simple and direct: "I have mobilized red shirt supporters from all the provinces in the Northeast to welcome Khun Thaksin to cross the border from Laos into Thailand and we will transport him all the way back to Bangkok."

Foreign Minister Surapong Tovijakchaikul, commenting on that move this morning, wasn't quite sure that this is the right way to help his boss come home.

"I haven't heard about Khun Kwanchai's plan. But I believe if Khun Thaksin were to come home, he would do it in a more graceful manner, certainly not sneaking back home like that."

Thaksin himself has been flip-flopping about his come-home plan. He has wavered between "I don't have to come home. I am very happy living abroad" and "I would like to go home this year."

Whether he wants to "sneak" back in or not is another problem.

No comments: