Sunday, June 10, 2012

You call me. I don't have to call you.

It is now confirmed. There won't be a military coup, at least not one led by Army Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-Ocha. Or that's what he told Defence Minister ACM Sukampol Suwannathat over the phone the other day.

This top-brass conversation was revealed by the defence minister himself today when he told reporters that his working relations with the armed forces leaders were smooth despite earlier rumours when he took over the portfolio that he might transfer some of the military leaders.

"There was no reason for me to transfer any of the military commanders. Gen Prayuth called me the other day to say that there were all sorts of rumours including those about a possible coup. He told me that there was no much thing. He also asked me to give him a call if I heard any rumours to that effect. I told him there was no need for me to call since he said there was nothing to the speculation in the first place," ACM Sukampol said.

So, if you hear anything exciting about military movements, make sure you give the army chief a call because the defence minister says he won't call himself since there is nothing to worry about at all.

No comments: