Saturday, October 16, 2010

What would Sanan tell Thaksin?



What would Sanan Kachornprasart, deputy PM and deputy leader of Chat Thai Pattana Party,tell Thaksin Shinawatr if they get to talk to each other?

Sanan, who has been on a "peace mission" trying to convince all parties concerned to come to a political compromise, told an interviewer last night: "I will tell him to forget the past. I have gone through worse fate than he has. Why have I accepted that? Part of his assets may have been confiscated but then we won't touch the rest. Let's put a stop to the conflict. Let him come back to Thailand as an ordinary Thai. He will be much happier than staying abroad. I will talk to him in a frank manner. But first, the Thai people must agree to that approach."

Sanan reiterated that he had embarked on this mission as a personal sacrifice."Mark my word. I don't want to be prime minister, whatever happens."

Will Thaksin talk to Sanan? Nobody knows. Lots of people claim to be the "conduit" for Thaksin wth the powers-that-be but nobody has so far extracted anything meaningful from him, or PM Abhisit Vejjajiva, for that matter.

No comments: