Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thaksin tells his MPs: Don't call me, I'll call you


Thaksin Shinawatra's cell phones have had lots of "missed calls" from Bangkok recently. He deliberately didn't pick up the phones. He knew they were from desperate MPs of his Pheu Thai Party with a very specific purpose.

"If I didn't answer your phone calls, please don't get upset. That's because there were lots of rumours about a Cabinet reshuffle and I didn't want to pick up the phones. Those of you who failed to get a Cabinet seats last time, just wait for the next round," he told a New Year Party's gathering of his MPs through Skype last night.

"I have kept quiet recently because I want the prime minister and her Cabinet members to devote their energies to their work to make the people happy," he said.

In brief, he was telling the Pheu Thai MPs: "Don't call me. I will call you."

No comments: